<$BlogRSDURL$>
I rock, you suck
Donate to my Beer Fund


If you enjoyed/hated my blog/have money to burn/are crazy, why not give me your money?
All you have to do is click on the button above.
No? Well, go on to the posts below, then, you prick.


Tuesday, June 29, 2004
 
Men are selfish, women are stupid.

The other day, I was drinking beer with a friend at some pub and we got to talking, as guys drinking beer are wont to do. We started talking about women, for some reason, and he was telling me that his ex-girlfriend used to tell him, "it's not always about you, Daniel," whenever they had an argument.

He, of course, would be thinking in his head, "Duh, of course it's about me. Who else could it be about?"

This started a whole discussion about the differences between men and women, and we think we've uncovered the reason why men and women fight so much. See, it's a matter of perception. We men think of ourselves as the stars of our show. Sure, we can have supporting actors, but in the end, the show is still about us. It's true, even my best of friends are merely supporting actors in the show of my life. It's always about me in the end.

Women, on the other hand, see themselves as being in some stupid romantic comedy, where there are two equally important co-stars. To a woman, it's always about "us". What is that? There is no "us". There is only "you" and "I".

You see, I think the difference is in the books we read. If my life were a story, it would be a heroic fantasy, with the hero (me) striving to overcome impossible odds in the pursuit of whatever he's pursuing. Occasionally, other people appear in the story to provide the background and to help him along when he needs it. Women, on the other hand, think in terms of romance novels. There's always her and this god who will sweep her off her feet.

Ever notice how the male lead in a romance novel is always all but invincible? That explains another thing about women. They tend to put their lovers on a pedestal. That's why even if their closest friends tell them that they're dating a pig, they'd worship their lover anyway. That's another thing. Ever notice how the heroine's female confidants are only important to the story before the hero shows up? This explains why most girls don't really have friends as well. It's always about the men. Jeez, you people are stupid.

Men are the most selfish creatures on the planet. Any relationship between a woman and a man is almost certainly doomed to failure. I mean, come on, how many people have you dated whom you haven't broken up with yet? At most one, right? See? This is what you desert your friends for? Come on. Stop reading those romance novels, for chrissake.
 
Comments:
It could be more than one, especially if you're mormon
 
Post a Comment
Back

Laughing at the cosmic gag reel since March '04!

Links
L.E.W.D (click to know more):


Fred And Phil

Fiction

Hot Babe Blogs:

Other Blogs (that are not quite as good as mine):


Unforgettables:

Recent Posts:

ARCHIVES

To Those Who Wish To Link Me:

Due to the fact that my ego is a humongous, bloated monstrousity, it is not highly unlikely that I wouldn't say no to your linking my blog, so there is no need to ask me.


Winners of Adrian Coolness Points:

The Feisty Bitch: For reasons best known to ourselves. (1)
The Feisty Bitch: For getting featured on the Sunday Times (2)
Adri: For being geeky enough to write recursive prose. (1)
Sheena: For really, really liking my blog. (1)
Sheena: For the use of her finger. (2)
Sheena: For getting on the Straits Times. (3)
Ivan: For referring to me as one of "Singapore's leading bloggers". (1)
Ivan: For coming up with the PubicLicezilla idea. (2)
The Big Fuck: For being such a big fuck. (1)
The Big Fuck: For making the miniature Badge of Lewdness. (2)
Anonymous fan: For making a cool finger. (1)
Celly: For appreciating the genius behind the Pagan Bible here. (1)
Icebreeze: For being wise enough to flatter me. (1)
Barffie: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in the papers. (1)
Blinkymummy: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in TWO papers within the space of two days, fuckin' A! (2)
Jess: For being observant enough to spot the similarity between Lewdites and Luddites. You rock, babe. (1)
Jiameei: For being my champion against anonymous hecklers. (1)


Powered by Blogger

Ablewise.com Free Classifieds - The Online Classifieds Solutions (TM)




free dating sites

Get custom programming done at GetACoder.com!