<$BlogRSDURL$>
I rock, you suck
Donate to my Beer Fund


If you enjoyed/hated my blog/have money to burn/are crazy, why not give me your money?
All you have to do is click on the button above.
No? Well, go on to the posts below, then, you prick.


Wednesday, May 09, 2007
 
PS is cool

I just watched 200 Pounds Beauty, and it was surprisingly funny and heartwarming. I still did not have a heart the last time I checked, so I'm just basing the latter on hearsay.

Basically, the show revolves around this ugly chick Hanna, who sings for lip-synching pop queen Ammy. Hanna is in love with Ammy's supposedly gorgeous producer which rouses the ire of Ammy. Ammy plays a cruel prank on Hanna (go watch the movie if you wish to know what the prank was), embarrassing her in front of the producer dude, after which Hanna attempts suicide. In the middle of the attempt, she changed her mind and decided to become pretty instead by going for drastic plastic surgery.

The surgery was, mildly speaking, wildly successful. It turned her from this

Dawn Young


into this.

Dawn Yang


Oops, I'm sorry, I got the pictures mixed up. I meant from the one on the left to the one on the right of the picture below.



After she turns into a hot chick, she looks the producer dude up again, using the name Jenny. She claims to be a natural beauty, and he markets her image as such, but later she decides to come clean with the public, and instead of getting crucified for it, her popularity rockets.

I think the moral we can all draw from the story is that plastic surgery is totally cool . . .

A hot chick by any means is still hot


So long as you 'fess up to it. Oh gods, I'm sorry, I have no idea why these totally irrelevant pictures keep appearing on my blog. Jeez, where are they all coming from?

p.s. Jokes aside, if you haven't watched the movie, go watch it. I left out a lot of crucial plot points leading up to Hanna's final decision, not to mention numerous comedic elements.

p.p.s. I just found out that the actress, Kim Ah-jung, is not only gorgeous, she really did sing the cover of Blondie's "Maria" for the show. She is totally my new favourite Asian star.

p.p.p.s. According to some shallow googling, Kim Ah-jung's beauty is, in fact, au naturel.



Addendum: And she (not Kim Ah-jung) says she does not get the similarity, haha! If irony were made of alcohol, we'd all be drowning in tequila right now.

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
I remember how I was searching all over the place for the April Maxim with Jaymee Ong on the cover, only to find the May issue with Dawn Yang. Ugh. I'm not really her fan.

And oh well, it might not be very good PR if she said she understood what people mean when they draw parallels between the movie and her. Singaporean fanbase is a very weird and fickle-minded crowd.
 
Dude, I have that copy. You wanna borrow it? I'd like it back unsticky, though. ;)
 
hey

i know this is an old post, and i found it quite by chance.

i live in korea and i can tell you that kim ah jung has likely had plastic surgery. here's a korean site discussing it (with pix):

http://blog.naver.com/beauty514?Redirect=Log&logNo=90030273985

however, there's no doubting she's hot. one of my favourite korean actresses.

i've heard that she didn't sing the son 'maria' either ... but i haven't verified it yet.

stay cool

david
www.davidsmeaton.com
 
Post a Comment
Back

Laughing at the cosmic gag reel since March '04!

Links
L.E.W.D (click to know more):


Fred And Phil

Fiction

Hot Babe Blogs:

Other Blogs (that are not quite as good as mine):


Unforgettables:

Recent Posts:

ARCHIVES

To Those Who Wish To Link Me:

Due to the fact that my ego is a humongous, bloated monstrousity, it is not highly unlikely that I wouldn't say no to your linking my blog, so there is no need to ask me.


Winners of Adrian Coolness Points:

The Feisty Bitch: For reasons best known to ourselves. (1)
The Feisty Bitch: For getting featured on the Sunday Times (2)
Adri: For being geeky enough to write recursive prose. (1)
Sheena: For really, really liking my blog. (1)
Sheena: For the use of her finger. (2)
Sheena: For getting on the Straits Times. (3)
Ivan: For referring to me as one of "Singapore's leading bloggers". (1)
Ivan: For coming up with the PubicLicezilla idea. (2)
The Big Fuck: For being such a big fuck. (1)
The Big Fuck: For making the miniature Badge of Lewdness. (2)
Anonymous fan: For making a cool finger. (1)
Celly: For appreciating the genius behind the Pagan Bible here. (1)
Icebreeze: For being wise enough to flatter me. (1)
Barffie: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in the papers. (1)
Blinkymummy: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in TWO papers within the space of two days, fuckin' A! (2)
Jess: For being observant enough to spot the similarity between Lewdites and Luddites. You rock, babe. (1)
Jiameei: For being my champion against anonymous hecklers. (1)


Powered by Blogger

Ablewise.com Free Classifieds - The Online Classifieds Solutions (TM)




free dating sites

Get custom programming done at GetACoder.com!