<$BlogRSDURL$>
I rock, you suck
Donate to my Beer Fund


If you enjoyed/hated my blog/have money to burn/are crazy, why not give me your money?
All you have to do is click on the button above.
No? Well, go on to the posts below, then, you prick.


Saturday, December 18, 2004
 
Good times, and sky fairy pimping.

I watched Blade Trinity. As usual, the plot was crap, but the movie itself was entertaining crap, at least. At least, that's what I recall feeling when I first left the cinema. Now, however, I can't for the life of me remember what the movie was about. Some shit about Dracula being the first vampire or something. It was totally inconsistent with the vampire "mythology" revealed in the previous two instalments of the series, but then, who really expects consistency from a Hollywood adaptation of a comic book series? Anyway, I can't remember enough of the movie to bash it, and I've always liked Wesley Snipes, so I shall just say that he was cool in the movie. Also, there's a hot chick in the show who does some ass-kicking, so that's all right.

Oh yeah, Whistler dies.

Things have been going pretty smoothly for me lately. That's pretty odd, because usually nothing goes right for me in my life. I usually have to stamp on some necks and whoop some major ass to get things even close to the way I want them to be. Being a paranoid son of a bitch, I suspect that Devod (God or the Devil, whoever's in charge, and you have to admit there's plenty of evidence in the world which suggests that it might not be who you'd want it to be), being the sadistic bastard that He is, is just trying to get me off my guard so that when the shit hits the fan, I will be asleep with my mouth open. This is probably just the calm before the shit storm that's quietly brewing in the background. Nice try, Dude, better luck next time. If I'm ever unconscious with my mouth open, it will be because I'm dead, which won't be anytime soon, so don't hold Your breath in suspense.

Damn, I'm good. There's no point in trying to catch me unawares, because I am always on high alert for any hidden traps anyone may have set for me. I can deal with any unforeseen circumstances and I can take whatever life throws at me. I am probably the most stoical person in the universe. Shit happens, but so what? I can deal with it. People are assholes, but so what? I'll deal with them the same way I deal with shit. I'll flush them down the fucking toilet.

(Oh yeah, on a totally unrelated note, my birthday is coming. It takes some serious dough to get me shitfaced, people, so you know what to do. In a nutshell, Beer Fund.)




Recently, I took a module in school with the name "The Magic Of Voice In The World Of A Singer". Basically, this module is supposed to teach one how to sing. Now, before you start laughing at me, understand that most of these cross-faculty modules consisted purely of written stuff, and it was under this misapprehension that I registered for it. Anyway, after like ten lessons, most of my classmates still sounded like the toads that other toads jeered at for having horrible voices. No wonder the bar keeps on lowering for the music industry these days. It's because you guys are such untalented pricks that anyone who can hold a halfway decent tune sounds absolutely heavenly compared to you. Yesterday, we had a presentation where each group in the class had to point out, relative to the stuff we learned in the module, what some singer (whom we chose for ourselves) did right or wrong while singing.

It was such a fucking farce. Every fucking group said practically the exact same things, namely, whatever was written in the notes that we were given. And these people, most of whom could not sing to save their own lives, had the gall to criticise professional singers as if they actually had an idea of what they were talking about. Jesus fucking Christ, I was pissed. When it was my turn to talk to the class, I pretty much told them that whatever was written on my slides were lifted straight from the notes and that they could therefore read it for themselves. Then, I babbled on about inconsequential nonsense for an additional 5 minutes just to waste their time. Of course, I couldn't help being witty, as usual, and I left them in stitches.

Talking about this reminds me of the presentation we had on Wednesday, when each of us had to choose a song to sing for the class (that was when I discovered that more than half the class still couldn't carry a decent tune). Predictably, most of them sang boring love songs in voices that left other people wondering if someone was being cruel to animals in the immediate vicinity. I had quite mastered the art of putting myself into a Zen-like state where sounds were screened out and I was at peace with the universe (it's called "sleep" by the uninitiated) by that time, because anyone unable to screen out the horrendous sounds produced in that class were likely to become insane at the end of the course. So anyway, this chick went on stage and babbles something about originally wanting to sing soppy love songs like the rest and then deciding to sing about her God because it was "more meaningful". So, this bitch was saying that singing about the particular sky fairy that she believed in was, somehow, a more valid choice than the choices that others had made. What a crock of bullshit.

To more than half of the world's population, her precious sky fairy is about as real as Zeus, and she's somehow managed to convince herself that to sing about that is more "meaningful" than singing about love. At least we all know what sappy love songs are about, no matter how disgusting we find them. Seriously, what is it about these people that makes them want to pimp off their genocidal blood god so much? Sadly, she was in my group for the presentation yesterday. Seeing the response my remark (about all the shit on the slides having been lifted directly from the notes) had gotten from the class, she made a similar remark. I sort of snorted when she said it, and she glanced at me quizzically. What I meant by the snort was, of course, this. "Figures that she'd plagiarise my words almost immediately after I said them. These people mostly have the mentalities of sheep."
 
Comments:
Post a Comment
Back

Laughing at the cosmic gag reel since March '04!

Links
L.E.W.D (click to know more):


Fred And Phil

Fiction

Hot Babe Blogs:

Other Blogs (that are not quite as good as mine):


Unforgettables:

Recent Posts:

ARCHIVES

To Those Who Wish To Link Me:

Due to the fact that my ego is a humongous, bloated monstrousity, it is not highly unlikely that I wouldn't say no to your linking my blog, so there is no need to ask me.


Winners of Adrian Coolness Points:

The Feisty Bitch: For reasons best known to ourselves. (1)
The Feisty Bitch: For getting featured on the Sunday Times (2)
Adri: For being geeky enough to write recursive prose. (1)
Sheena: For really, really liking my blog. (1)
Sheena: For the use of her finger. (2)
Sheena: For getting on the Straits Times. (3)
Ivan: For referring to me as one of "Singapore's leading bloggers". (1)
Ivan: For coming up with the PubicLicezilla idea. (2)
The Big Fuck: For being such a big fuck. (1)
The Big Fuck: For making the miniature Badge of Lewdness. (2)
Anonymous fan: For making a cool finger. (1)
Celly: For appreciating the genius behind the Pagan Bible here. (1)
Icebreeze: For being wise enough to flatter me. (1)
Barffie: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in the papers. (1)
Blinkymummy: For furthering the LEWD cause by appearing in TWO papers within the space of two days, fuckin' A! (2)
Jess: For being observant enough to spot the similarity between Lewdites and Luddites. You rock, babe. (1)
Jiameei: For being my champion against anonymous hecklers. (1)


Powered by Blogger

Ablewise.com Free Classifieds - The Online Classifieds Solutions (TM)




free dating sites

Get custom programming done at GetACoder.com!